Certificate in Exercise Physiology
The Certificate in Exercise Physiology is s a collection of courses geared toward educating the student for a career as an Exercise Physiologist.
These courses include:
• BI260 Anatomy and Physiology I
• BI261 Anatomy and Physiology II
• BI370 Medical Terminology and Health Systems
• BI400 Kinesiology
• BI402 Exercise Physiology
• BI403 Assessment and Prescription of Fitness
• BI404 Strength and Conditioning
• BI405 Clinical Exercise Physiology
Upon competition of this certificate, along with an undergraduate degree, students would meet the prerequisites established by the American College of Sports Medicine to sit for the Certification in Exercise Physiology. Sitting for the ACSM’s Certification is above and beyond the expectations of our certificate program however a viable option after completion. If you do choose the path of certification through the ASCM, it is a nationally recognized and a required achievement for employment in many clinical and health related setting. Typical areas of employment would include cardiac rehabilitation centers and fitness facilities.